Monday 3 March 2014

Girls' Day Gifts


Driving back from our waterfall viewing adventure, a certain someone had a desperate and sudden need to use the toilet in the middle of a stretch of rural highway. In desperation we pulled into a road-side flower shop and begged use of their loo. I felt bad about it so I bought some flower seeds, which the owner thought was hilarious, and when we left she gave us these hand-made little girls' day dolls. Then today (girls' day proper), an elderly neighbour give me these sakurazushi. Although we don't have a daughter and I hadn't intended to do anything special, thanks to the kindness of those around us we can have our own little hinamatsuri after all.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Because of all the spam lately, comments on old posts will now be moderated. This means it may be some time before your comment appears. You can always email me directly, check the contact page for details.